This farm chose to install solar PV panels to reduce their reliance on the grid, lower energy bills and start the process of becoming more sustainable.
Some of their goals included:
- Reduce energy bills
- Reduce reliance on the grid
- Reduce use of fossil fuels
- Capacity to generate own energy
- Reduce carbon footprint
Hybrid Energy Group installed the following:
- 20 panel Solar PV system- 8.0kW Trina Solar with a 6kW Huawei Hybrid Inverter
This dairy farm now generates its own electricity via the 8.0kW solar PV system.
- 8.0kW Solar PV System will generate approximately 5,700 kWh of energy per annum.
- The energy generated via the solar panels will be used to power lighting and electronic equipment primarily, while the inverter will be used to heat hot water.
- Electricity bills will reduce dramatically
- Elimination of some fossil fuels usage
- Huge reduction in carbon emissions
- Reduced Carbon Footprint with this sustainable carbon-free energy solution
This dairy farm has begun it’s journey into renewable energy with solar energy, and aims to introduce further smart renewable solutions to the farm, reducing energy usage, reducing energy bills, and impact on the environment.