Reducing their reliance on the grid, Finnegans funeral home wanted to do their part for the environment, lower energy bills and demonstrate directly how renewable energy can create a sustainable future for buildings in Ireland.
Some of their goals included:
- Reduce energy bills
- Reduce reliance on the grid
- Reduce use of fossil fuels
- Capacity to generate own energy
- Reduce carbon footprint
- Demonstrate benefits of solar energy to clients
Hybrid Energy Group installed the following:
- 36 panel Solar PV System- 14.2kW Trina Solar System, 10kW Trannergy Inverter and 15kW Battery Module
This business now generates its own electricity via the 14.2kW solar PV system.
- 14.2W Solar PV System will generate approximately 12,219 kWh of energy per annum.
- The energy generated via the solar panels will be used to power lighting and electronic equipment primarily.
- Approximately €2,538 annual energy savings
- Approximately 5,433kg of carbon saved annually
- Reduced Carbon Footprint with this sustainable carbon-free energy solution
Finnegans funeral home has begun their journey into renewable energy, and has had huge success thus far with generating solar energy. Their next step will be looking at heat pumps and additional solar panels if necessary.