Playing their role in climate action, St. Bricin’s College wanted to do their part for the environment, lower energy bills and demonstrate directly how renewable energy can create a sustainable future for the next generation.
Some of their goals included:
- Reduce energy bills
- Reduce reliance on the grid
- Reduce use of fossil fuels
- Capacity to generate own energy
- Reduce carbon footprint
- Demonstrate benefits of solar energy to students and staff
Hybrid Energy Group installed the following:
- 20 panel Solar PV System- 10.3kW Trina Solar System, 10.3kW Growatt Inverter, with connection for future battery storage.
This business now generates its own electricity via the 10.3kW solar PV system.
- 10.3W Solar PV System will generate approximately 8.863 kWh of energy per annum.
- The energy generated via the solar panels will be used to power lighting and electronic equipment primarily.
- Approximately €1,840 annual energy savings
- Approximately 3,941kg of carbon saved annually
- Reduced Carbon Footprint with this sustainable carbon-free energy solution
St Bricin’s College has begun their journey into renewable energy, and has had huge success thus far with generating solar energy. Their next step will be looking at heat pumps, solar panel battery storage, and additional solar panels if necessary.