To reduce their energy bills
- Save money on energy bills
- Reduce reliance on fossil fuels and impact on the environment
- Reduce their carbon footprint and aid in carbon labelling for their products
- To utilise the Government better energy community (BEC) grant to improve their sustainability.
Following a site visit from Michael Smith of Hybrid Energy Group, Michael proposed the installation of an 11kW Solar PV System, consisting of 40 Solar PV array panels on the south facing roof of the property. These Tier 1 panels capture sunlight and convert it into (AC) energy to be used in place of fossil fuels throughout the building. These panels also enabled excess electricity to be stored into a battery or to be fed back into the grid.
To share this process with their staff and customers Hybrid Energy Group installed a virtual display system in the reception area of Ice-Cream Treats which shows live updates of the efficiency of the panels and the energy being produced.
These Tier 1 Trina Solar PV panels have enabled Ice-Cream Treats to:
- Reduce their bills by approximately €1,500 per annum
- Improve their efficiency by producing 9446 kWh of energy per annum
- Reduce their carbon footprint by reducing their reliance on fossil fuels, saving 6,684kg of carbon per annum.
- Play their role in working towards a greener Ireland
We worked with Hybrid Energy Group this year to improve our facility and offices energy efficiency. Our main aim was to become more sustainable, reduce energy usage, save on energy bills, and cut back on fossil fuels.
We worked with Micheal to see what we could come up with and he suggested 40 solar panels with battery storage for excess electricity generated. Micheal and his team installed the 11kw of Solar PV and we could see the results immediately. They also installed a monitoring system where we can see daily what electricity the panels have generated that day, that week and that month. This is a great tool to assess how much we are saving, and what that amounts to in decreasing bills.
They also assisted us with the SEAI grant where we received 30% off the final total. The whole process was seamless from start to finish. They have saved us around €1500 a year in electricity, and 557kg of carbon emissions per month which is the stand out figure for us.
Gerry Sheridan, Founder, Ice cream treats