This school wanted to install solar PV panels to reduce their reliance on the grid, lower energy bills and start the process of becoming more sustainable as a school, while teaching their students the importance of protecting the planet.
Some of their goals included:
- Reduce energy bills
- Reduce reliance on the grid
- Reduce use of fossil fuels
- Capacity to generate own energy
- Reduce carbon footprint
- Teach students about solar energy, and climate change
Hybrid Energy Group installed the following:
- 18 panel Solar PV system- 7.2kW Trina Solar with a 6kW Huawei Hybrid Inverter
This school now generates its own electricity via the 7.2kW solar PV system.
- 7.2kW Solar PV System will generate approximately 4,600 kWh of energy per annum.
- The energy generated via the solar panels will be used to power lighting and electronic equipment primarily, while the inverter will be used to heat hot water.
- Electricity bills will be extremely low
- Elimination of some fossil fuels usage
- Huge reduction in carbon emissions
- Reduced Carbon Footprint with this sustainable carbon-free energy solution
Micheal Smith, CEO of Hybrid Energy Group is proud to install solar PV panels on this school, as from experience we know that children are aware of environmental changes, and their school making positive changes such as this, will in turn bring positive feedback within the community, and help those young minds think more carefully about energy and the environment.